Disclaimer: you must still check labels for yourself each and every time as products change without notice
My son cannot even have ‘may contain traces of’ or ‘processed on equipment that has used X Y Z’ therefore the options are quite slim so here are some products I have found are “safe.”
S T O C K FOR CHICKEN SOUP/RISOTTO/OTHER RECIPES:
I often will just make my own stock by freezing the water from slow cooked meat and vegetables, however if I don’t have that to hand and quickly need some to make something then I will use:
Australia’s own organic; chicken style or vegetable stock:
R I C E P A P E R R O L L S
N O O D L E S F O R C H I C K E N S O U P:
Wai Wai; Rice Vermicelli Noodles:
O R G R A N B R E A D
I am actually really happy with this bread. I paid $2.50 for the packet mix from my local health food shop. I cooked it just in my regular oven and I think it tastes pretty good! A bargain too in comparison to other gluten free breads out there and a huge bargain in comparison to “everything free” breads. I bought three packets, baked, sliced and have popped into the freezer for the odd occasion that we have it.
You can buy online here (it’s more expensive from this shop however).
Other general Dairy/Egg/Soy/Wheat/Free products I have found:
* “FAUX” mite – vegemite: http://shop.coles.com.au/online/national/freedom-foods-vege-spread
* Nuttelex – dairy/egg/soy/wheat/gluten free “butter”/”margarine” http://shop.coles.com.au/online/national/nuttelex-spread-margarine-original-tub Woolworths also have the “buttery” edition of it which is really yum: https://www.woolworths.com.au/Shop/Search/Products?searchTerm=nuttelex%20buttery&name=nuttelex-buttery-table-spread&productId=899765
* Praise Traditional 99% fat free mayonaise is dairy,egg, soy, gluten free:
* Smiths plain potato chips
* Doritos plain corn chips
* Doritos mild salsa
* Orgran gravy mix http://www.orgran.com/products/vegetable-gravy-mix/
* Freedom foods rice flakes
* Coles brand rice cakes
* Aldi fruit and nut packs
* Orgran Quinoa Crispbread
* Cool pack (ORIGINAL – note NOT butter) popcorn
S W E E T S
* Well and good custard (made up with rice/almond/coconut milk) – this one is the better tasting of the two: https://shop.coles.com.au/a/a-nsw-metro-west-gosford/product/well-good-custard-powder-instant
* Orgran custard (made up with rice/almond/coconut milk): http://www.kombuwholefoods.com.au/buy/orgran-custard-powder/XX955?gclid=Cj0KEQiAhNnCBRCqkP6bvOjz_IwBEiQAMn_TMcpzJKfkYaWftMnWfR3QXNzPobqEd_c9qBDvYZfu2NAaAkEM8P8HAQ
• So good almond milk chocolate ice cream (freezer section woolworths) https://www.woolworths.com.au/Shop/Search/Products?searchTerm=so%20good%20ice%20cream&name=sanitarium-so-good-bliss-ice-cream-chocolate-supreme&productId=69811
• So good coconut ice cream (freezer section woolworths)
* Weiss Mango Sorbet: https://shop.coles.com.au/a/a-nsw-metro-west-gosford/product/weis-sorbet-mango
* Orgran fruit biscuits: https://glutenfreeshop.com.au/orgran-fruit-filled-biscuits-apple-cinnamon-175g.html
* Orgran chocolate or vanilla biscuits: https://glutenfreeshop.com.au/orgran-kids-itsy-bitsy-bears-with-choc-flavoured-bits-175g.html
* Woolworths homebrand jelly babies
* Woolworths homebrand jubes
* Cadbury ‘drinking chocolate’
C A K E S
I have used Orgran chocolate and vanilla and they are amazing.
Buttercream Frosting: I just use nuttelex, CSR icing sugar and a bit of rice milk.
Fondant: I have used satin ice.
I have trialled MANY different vegan cake recipes and none of them taste quite right, therefore the Orgran cake mixes are my go to! Here are some pics of cakes we have made with the Orgran cake mix. People even like the taste of them!