Hi everyone, so we went to the Easter Show yesterday. We found a few things that the kids and I could have (Bethenny – gluten free, Brooklyn – dairy,egg,soy,gluten free, Me – gluten free), overall though, I will definitely pack myself a proper lunch next time because it was quite lacking and the food quality is really not things I am used to eating these days, I feel pretty gross today!!!
Anyway our findings;
* Microwave facilities – in the parents rooms (I took frozen shepherd’s pie for Brooklyn and defrosted/heated it for his lunch)
* GLUTEN FREE icecream – Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food. Even this we had problems with as there are various Ben and Jerry’s carts around but some of the staff barely spoke English/had no idea/didn’t stock the gluten free versions (as not all Ben and Jerrys is gluten free). We found it in the Woolworths food pavilion.
* WHEAT, GLUTEN, DAIRY, EGG, SOY FREE fruit sorbet – Perfect Fruit; we discovered this last year and it’s the best, creamiest sorbet I have ever tasted, it’s in the Woolworths food pavillion also. Brooklyn thoroughly enjoyed it.
* Raw smoothies @ J 12 on the map; sorry I should have got a photo, my hubby pointed it out but I was a bit tired at this point I didn’t cotton on to what he was saying lol..
* GLUTEN FREE nachos and stuffed potatoes @ S 8 on the map.
* WHEAT, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, EGG FREE hot chips @ approx H 15 on the map
* WHEAT, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, EGG FREE german sausages Saurkraut Sisters @ approx P 11 on the map. You have to ask for the sausage on it’s own.
* GLUTEN FREE PIZZA @ approx P 12 on map – However please note that the place did not have gluten free bases when we went yesterday :/ :/ I checked their ham and that is gluten free. Not sure re dairy free and they don’t have dairy free cheese.
* WHEAT, GLUTEN, DAIRY, EGG, SOY FREE fairy floss @ approx P 7 on the map.
We had an awesome day and the kids had a ball. I love this time of year. Let me know if you find anything else that is allergy friendly at the show!! xx