I have wanted to make aquafaba chocolate mousse for ages after loving my success with my lemon meringue (aquafaba) cupcakes and I finally tried it today.
It’s not bad.. it’s not dairy / egg chocolate mousse, it is different, but still quite enjoyable and certainly will hit the spot for those with allergies and vegans.
Liquid from tin of chickpeas (chickpea juice preferred to lentil as lentil flavour is a bit stronger)
1 1/2 blocks of Lindt 70% Cocao Dark Chocolate
1 tablespoon caster sugar *optional
1. Slowly melt the chocolate by sitting it in a bowl which sits in a bowl of boiling water.
2. Whip the chickpea liquid (aqua faba) using a mix master or hand held beater on high for approx 10 minutes until still peaks form.
3. Gradually add the tablespoon of caster sugar (if wanting to use).
4. Stir the melted chocolate into the whipped aqua faba.
5. Refridgerate for 8 hours.
6. Serve with grated chocolate on top – using the remaining 1/2 block of chocolate.